Friday 20 January 2012

Another restless night...

... of wheezing and not being able to get back to sleep. After ten minutes I decided to vacate our bed and make my way to the sofa. The OH had to get up early for work and I knew that having me wake him was not the best thing that could happen!

As this wheezing has been on off since before christmas with a chest infection thrown in for good measure between christmas and new year, I had truly had enough. So as soon as the Dr's surgery opened this morning I was on the phone to get an urgent appointment. Surprisingly they had a cancellation at 9.20am.

I quickly had a bath and got ready and checked my emails (I was working from home today anyway) before walking down to the surgery. I hate tardiness so I was there five minutes before my allocated time. 40 minutes later I was walking into the Drs office. Why oh why do they do that?!?

She listened to my breathing with her freezing cold stethoscope. Then I had to blow into a 'peak-flow' monitor several times before she declared that I have mild asthma. Great!

She prescribed me with an inhaler and peak-flow thingy and sent me on my way. I now have to plot a graph with three points per day using the peak-flow monitor for the next two weeks before reporting back to see her :(

If its not one thing, its another...

No comments:

Post a Comment