I was planning on making the cushion but changed my mind and decided on the tote bag instead!
But that was the least of my worries. After stitching all the petals together and laying the petal round on the bag material I discovered a problem… the end of the petals were too close to the edge of the material. It was then that it had dawned on me that I had traced the template wrong!! L
On careful inspection all could be fixed though. There was enough material to use the current petals with the new template. So I literally snipped away, re-tacked and stitched the round back together again at a slightly petite size. I think my error made me stitch quicker as I finished super quick.
Upon laying this ‘new’ petal round on the bag material, it was perfect! Plenty of material for the overlay, the seams and not forgetting the obligatory Cath Kidston badge J
I pinned the round to the bag and delicately stitched away until it was completely attached, then I proceeded to stitch the sides of the bag.
Then I was side-tracked…